13 April 2020
TMP will present every performance scheduled to take place between March and July 2020 and postponed during the new season
Teatro Municipal do Porto keeps on working indoors and online, maintaining a continued relation to its audience through its website and social networks, and teaming with artists and companies to build a future we all expect to come soon.
Following the recent worldwide coronavirus outbreak, and as a preventive measure to contain its spread, Teatro Municipal do Porto postponed all performances scheduled until the end of the current season (July 2020) in accordance with what national and local competent authorities have determined.
To that end, honouring every commitment made within the mission outlined by Teatro Municipal do Porto, our concern is and always will be the work carried out by the artists, securing previously agreed commitments in this difficult moment in their lives, and ensuring their artistic work may be presented in a not-too-distant future in the best possible conditions. TMP thus seeks to provide the necessary tools to allow the creative process to continue in a direct and complicit dialogue with artists, companies, partners and audience. We took great pride in our March to July programme, which has now been rescheduled, and we did everything in our power to present it to our audience as soon as possible.
To this end, and according to what was previously established, we announce the new dates for the performances scheduled to take place during this period and postponed:
- Erva Daninha / Ready: September 18 and 19, 2020
- Capicua / Madrepérola: October 24, 2020
- Understage / Pedro Tudela + Miguel Carvalhais: October 29, 2020
- Gonçalo Amorim & Paulo Furtado / Teatro Experimental do Porto / ESTRO/WATTS: November 7 and 8, 2020
- Guilherme de Sousa & Pedro Azevedo / Lágrimas de crocodilo: December, 2020 (in the scope of Foco Famílias)
- Patrícia Portela / Boas Memórias: December, 2020 (in the scope of Foco Famílias)
- Raimund Hoghe / Canzone per Ornella + Postcards from Vietnam [DE]: January 14 and 16, 2021
- Teatro Nova Europa / Noite de primavera: January 21 to 24, 2021 (Rivoli’s 89th birthday)
- Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker / Rosas / Achterland [BE]: March 12 and 13, 2021
- João Garcia Miguel / Passos em volta: March 13 and 14, 2021
- DDD – Festival Dias da Dança: April 15 to May 2, 2021
- Renaud Herbin / Eco oco [FR]: date to be confirmed in May 2021
- CCN Ballet de Lorraine / For four walls + RainForest + Sounddance [FR]: June 11 and 12, 2021
- Cirque Aital / Pour le meilleur et pour le pire [FR]: June 30, 2021
- KISMIF: July, 6, 7 & 8, 2021
- Martin Zimmermann / Eins zwei drei [CH]: date to be confirmed in 2021/2022
The regular schedule of the monthly series such as Quintas de Leitura, Modos de Ocupar and Café Literário, as well as the projects developed in partnership with Matéria Prima, Lovers and Lollypops and Amplificasom (Understage), Companhia Instável (Palcos Instáveis), Medeia Filmes (Ver Primeiro), Universidade Lusófona do Porto (Olhares da Terra) and Curso de Música Silva Monteiro (Novos Talentos), shall continue from September onwards, as shall all parallel activities.
Those who have purchased tickets for the performances taking place during this period, and expect reimbursement or to change their tickets for other performances of the current season, must proceed as follows:
- for tickets purchased at the ticket offices of Rivoli and Campo Alegre, send an e-mail to email@example.com with those same tickets and proof of IBAN, requesting their reimbursement or change;
- for tickets purchased through BOL, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- for tickets purchased at FNAC, El Corte Inglés, CTT or Worten, contact those entities.
With the exception of performances by promoters external to Teatro Municipal do Porto.
Provided that the current health regulations allow it, Teatro Municipal do Porto shall resume its activity on September 17, 2020, starting a new season. We expect to count on all of you to overcome the present time and to celebrate that future, bright time that will soon come.
Until then, all information remains available on our website – www.teatromunicipaldoporto.pt – and social networks.