Teatro Rivoli

It was inaugurated in 1913 as a National Theatre. In the following years, changes in the urban centre forced a reconsideration and update of the building and thus Teatro Rivoli came to be, in 1923 - refurbished, adapted as a movie theatre, with a programme of opera, dance, theatre and concerts. Architect and engineer Júlio Brito signed the project. In 1994 it was closed for a complete refurbishment, with a project by architect Pedro Ramalho. In October 1997, Rivoli reopened its doors.
Presently, Rivoli hosts the national and international programme of Teatro Municipal do Porto with a particular focus on dance, theatre, music, puppetry, new circus and film, along with some of the city’s main events.


Teatro Municipal Rivoli